Monday, July 18, 2011

Work place harrassment?

does any one have any advice about my problem. i started a new job at a very nice retirement home in my town. i am a new graduate LPN and I have been hired as a medication aide until I receive my nursing license. i have started two days ago and am being trained. the people that are training me found out that i am in school to complete my RN, they are training me in a way that makes me feel unwelcome there. they continue to talk and talk about a simple task that is very easy for me but they continue to talk about the task so much that i get confused and can not concentrate on something so simple. but once the nursing director is around they are very nice to me like a different person. i find this so coniving. i walked by the nurses office where they were all sitting and i heard one person say how long do you think she's going to last? and then another girl said "shhh.." "shh.." once she saw me coming. i think that i want to stay working here, the only thing is that i am a nurse and i am being treated very badly by the people that I will eventually supervise, and no one else sees whats going on and what can i tell the nursing director, "they are talking to much about the task that i cannot focus on doing it." another part of the situation is that i am the only non- white person working in the entire building, all of the residents are also white. i do not know if this has something to do with it as well. any advice please.

No comments:

Post a Comment